Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Grade Level Expectations
Read and track a given article.
Respond to the prompt using text based evidence to support the answer.
- Produce complete sentences
- Recognize and correct fragments and run-on sentences
- Ensure subject-verb and pronoun-antecedent agreement
- Correct capitalization and punctuation
- Spell grade appropriate words correctly
- Developing a five paragraph essay format
- Using the given prompt, formulate a thesis statement
- Establishing a main idea and supporting details
- Use text-based evidence to support your response
We Will Never Forget You, Roberto Clemente
Why we must run with scissors (Barry Lane)
Launching the Writing Workshop, Units of Study for 3-5 ( Lucy Calkins)
Writing Workshop: The Essential Guide (Fletcher and Portalupi)
Mentor Texts (L. Dorfman and R. Cappelli)
The No Nonsense Guide to Teaching Writing (Davis and Hill)